How do I track student attendance?
Here are two options for tracking attendance:
iGFU Attendance is automatically set up and ready to use for each of your class sessions. The full attendance report can be downloaded and viewed in your spreadsheet program.
If you need a customized attendance, which reports directly into the FoxTALE course grade book, you can add an Attendance module in your FoxTALE site.
See the article titled "FoxTALE Attendance."
How do I track students’ participation in forum postings, replies, and other course activities?
If you would like to monitor how much a student is participating in forum postings, replies and other course activities, there are reports in FoxTALE that give you this data.
For specifics on monitoring and/or grading forum discussion participation, see the article titled "FoxTALE Using a Forum."
Viewing Course Report Logs
If you would like to see more details for the student, you can view the course logs to see a dated and time-stamped record of every action the student has taken in your course. The logs are helpful for determining how much time the student spent with the online course materials or to determine when a student took a particular action in the course.
To view logs for a student:
- On the course home page click on the Participants link in the People block.
- In the class roster click on a student's name.
- In the Navigation block (TIP: be sure that the Navigation block is not docked in order to see all of the information well) scroll down to the listing of the course and the Participants section. You will see the student's name listed.
- Under the student's name, click on Activity reports to expand a view of links.
- Click on Today’s logs or All Logs to see all logs for that student. Other Activity reports are available for this student:
- Outline report - lists the course activities and a summary of the student’s participation and grade in each one
- Complete report - lists the course activities and complete details such as the grade and feedback that you gave, the student’s forum postings, etc.
- Statistics - shows graphs and tables of student use
- Grade - lists the student’s grades and any category totals along with the course total; same as the grade book user report
NOTE: You can't navigate to Participants right away in the Navigation block. You'll only see your own name if you do. You have to go to Participants via the People block and choose a student there.
To view all of the class logs at once and filter to select specific logs: CLEAN THEME
- In the Administration block (TIP: be sure that the Administration block is not docked in order to see all of the information well), scroll down to the listing of the course. Click the Reports section. (You won’t go through the Participants link this time.)
- Click Logs.
- You may select search criteria for a specific person, date, activity, or action. After making your selections, click Get these logs.
To view all of the class logs at once and filter to select specific logs: BOOST THEME
- To locate the administration block, click the screw icon in the top right corner. Click more and then locate the reports section on the new page you are directed to.
- Click Logs.
You may select search criteria for a specific person, date, activity, or action. After making your selections, click Get these logs.
The Reports menu offers additional course-level choices:
- Live logs - View students who are working in the course at this moment.
- Activity report - View a listing of every course activity and its number of views; click on the activity to go to that activity.
- Course participation - View a listing of whether each student viewed or posted to a specific course activity.
- Activity completion - View a listing of activities completed where you have turned this feature on.
- Statistics - View counts of views and posts for a specified time period.
Questions? Contact the Service Desk | email@example.com | 503-554-2569