This document describes how to set Gmail as your default email in Chrome and Firefox for Windows or Mac.
You can also set this for your Google Calendar, while on the calendar page.
Set your Gmail as your default Email in Chrome(Windows or Mac)
- Log into your George Fox email account
- Look for an icon in the upper right called an omnibar, click it to see the menu below.
- Select "Use George Fox University Mail" and click Done
If you don’t see the omnibar icon in Gmail, see more info at Google Help.
Set your Gmail as your default Email in Firefox
On a Mac select Preferences, on Windows select Options as shown below.
Select Applications (same for Windows or Mac)
Scroll down the list until you come to mailto (it’s an alphabetical listing), select Gmail
Set your Gmail as your default Email in Safari
- Open the Mail app.
- If you haven't already set up an email account in Mail preferences or Internet preferences, follow the onscreen instructions to set one up now.
- From the Mail menu, choose Preferences.
- Click General.
- Choose your email app from the ”Default email reader” pop-up menu.
Emailing from iGFU?
If you're using iGFU on a computer rather than a mobile device, right-click on the email icon and choose to open in a new tab or a new window. That way, iGFU will still be there when you're done emailing.
Questions? Contact the Service Desk | email@example.com | 503-554-2569